Yet to have your fill of facts? Well, another serving is coming your way. What better way to convince your boss that you deserve a promotion other than telling them some not-really-relevant-but-kind-of-cool facts that they can carry with them for years to come?
- Contrary to popular belief, Pluto wasn’t named a dwarf planet because of its size, rather the fact that the path it follows is filled with debris (fondly known as the Kuiper Belt).
- Eye of the Tiger might not be as inspirational a song as you may think. Less than 10% of a tiger’s hunt attempts are actually successful.
- We all know that tomatoes are technically fruits, but so are cucumbers, pumpkins and squash.
- If you manage to make it to the top of Mount Everest and boil some water to make a cup of tea, the water will to begin to boil at 68 degrees Celsius due to the lower pressure.
- Someone obviously liked Saturn enough to put a ring on it, but it’s not the only planet to have one. Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune also have rings which are less distinct.
- Isaac Newton never had an apple fall on his head. However, from most reports he was a bit of a jerk
- Fitness is hard, but there’s good news! Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories (628 kJ) an hour.
- We do some really disturbing things to seem attractive to the opposite sex, but thankfully we don’t take it as far as some billy goats, which urinate on their own heads to seem attractive to females.
- There is a species of spider known as the Hobo Spider. They aren’t as genial as they sound, however, as they’re also known as aggressive house spiders (although don’t stress, they’re not medically threatening).
- We’re all pretty complex, but every human at the early stage of their life spent about half an hour as a single cell. Sadly, for us, Pauline Hanson decided one brain cell was enough from then on*.
Did you get all of that? Hopefully these sassy zingers can help you convince your parents that you’re actually learning something at university, or your boss that you haven’t just been looking at cats on the internet this whole time.
*Not confirmed at time of publishing.